This blog is a hyblog.
The name is an amalgam of hybrid and blog and it is a different approach to a blog than database driven or static site generated platforms. Rather than having to build the site after each change, hyblog uses dynamic files which write/pull posts and comments to/from .md files.
The 'hyblog' hybrid blogging system was created by Colin Walker primarily as an experiment to see what could be done without a database.
hy(de)blog: hyblog evolved
The version of hyblog you see here is a heavily refactored fork of Colin's original work. Styled and tweaked by Kevin Van Lierop to serve his own purposes, hy(de)blog builds significantly upon Colin's original work.
Click here to learn more about hy(de)blog.
- Markdown parsing via Emanuil Rusev's Parsedown & ParsedownExtra libraries
- Light styles from mdbootstrap.com
- Dark styles from Dracula (color scheme - Wikipedia
- Default logos from Lima Studio
- Interface icons from Bootstrap Icons
- Settings layout support via Masonry
- Footnotes via bigfoot.js
- Debugging support by ChatGPT